Shortly before the closing of the sale
You can monitor the buying and bidding status in one convenient place: My Buy-or-Bid Watch List.
Labels are used to indicate the Buy or Bid status.
- Items you successfully have purchased at the BuyNow price are closed immediately and are marked with a label Sold to you
- When you place a bid within the BidAsk Spread your bid is automatically accepted by the seller, but the item is only sold to you if no higher bid is received prior to the close. Accepted
- You have the highest bid which however is below the BidAsk Spread. High Bid
The item will remain unsold, or the seller accepts your bid within 2 hours after the close. Increase your bid if you want to be successful.
- Your bid is below the BidAsk Spread. Too Low
- Your bid has been outbid by another user. Outbid
The closing is at 4.00 PM Eastern U.S.A. (22.00 Amsterdam)
- beginning at 3:55 PM the computer will check each item at 5 minutes intervals.
- If there has been a bid in the past 5 minutes, that individual item will remain open, until there have been no bids received for 5 minutes.
- A countdown clock is displayed and shows the remaining bid time left for that item.
- The email outbid notification and zoom image are disabled 1 hour prior to the closing of the sale!
After the closing of the sale
- The My Bid-or-Buy Watch List does show all purchased items and accepted bids.
- Bids that did not reach the low BidAsk Spread can be accepted by the seller within 2 hours after the closing of the sale.
- The buyer has 24 hours to confirm acceptance of those items whose bid was accepted.
- In the event the buyer does not confirm his bid within 24 hours, the item is considered unsold.
- The online invoice will be available 2 hours after the closing of the sale. [Invoice section]
- Unsold items are no longer available after the closing of the sale.