- The time left before the closing of the sale is displayed on the item page and in My Buy-or-Bid Watch List.
- Beginning at 4:00 PM, EDT (Amsterdam 22.00), the system will close any lots that have not had bids within the last 5 minutes.
- If there has been a bid, that individual lot will remain open until there have been no bids received on that lot for 5 minutes.
- At the moment the BuyNow price is paid, the sale for this item has closed.
- If you do not wish to pay the Buy price, you may also bid lower on any item.
- The BidAsk Spread defines the gap between the minimum acceptable Bid and the BuyNow price of the items.
- For bids entered within the BidAsk spread, we use the proxy-bidding process, so you are getting the item at the lowest possible price. These items are sold at the highest bid after the sale's closing.
- For bids entered below the bottom of the BidAsk spread, our sellers have the option to accept these bids during the sale and up to 2 hours following the closing.
- If the seller matches the below BidAsk bid, the bidder can cancel his initial bid at the latest within 24
hours after the closing, or the item is automatically added to the
- Items that did not receive bids within the BidAsk spread and bids declined by the seller are no longer available after the sale's closing.
My Buy-or-Bid Watch ListYou can monitor the buying and bidding status in one convenient place: My buy-or-bid Watch List.
Different labels are used to show the Buy or Bid status :
These are samples for an item listed at a Buy price of $ 500 and a BidAsk spread of $400-500
Your Bid: $500 Sold to you
When you pay the Buy price of $ 500, the item is immediately sold to you, and the sale for this item is closed.
- Your Bid: $400 Accepted
The BidAsk spread ($400-$500) shows the range between the minimal accepted price and the Buy price. When you place a bid within the spread, your bid is automatically accepted by the seller, but the items only sell to you if no higher bid is received or the Buy price is paid before the closing.
- Your Bid: $50 Below Spread
When your bid is below the BidAsk spread, sellers usually do not accept bids below the BidAsk spread. The item will only sell to you if the seller decides to accept your bid during or within 2 hours after the closing. Increase your bid to be successful.
- Your Bid: $350 High BidBelow Spread
When your bid is below the BidAsk spread and you are the high bid holder. The item will only sell to you if the seller decides to accept your bid during or within 2 hours after the closing.
- Your Bid: $450 Outbid
When another user has outbid your bid, increase your bid to be successful.
In short, your label has to stay green to be successful.
The closing is at 4.00 PM Eastern U.S.A. (22.00 Amsterdam)
- beginning at 3:55 PM, the computer will check each item at 5 minutes intervals.
- If there has been a bid in the past 5 minutes, that individual item will remain open until there have been no bids received for 5 minutes.
- A countdown clock shows the remaining bid time left for that item.
- The email outbid notification and zoom image are disabled 1 hour before the sale's closing!
After the closing of the sale
- The My Bid-or-Buy Watch List does show all purchased items and accepted bids.
- Bids below the bottom of the BidAsk spread can be accepted by the seller within 2 hours after the sale's closing.
- The buyer has 24 hours to delete an accepted below the BidAsk spread bid, or afterward, the item is considered sold.
- The online invoice will be available 2 hours after the sale's closing and emailed the next day. [Invoice section]
- Unsold items are no longer available after the closing of the sale.
Contact us if you have questions.