Terms and Conditions for the Buy or Bid sale.
Ga naar de Nederlandse versie van deze pagina
- These conditions of sale are the complete and only terms and conditions on which all property is offered in the Buy-or-Bid platform. By using this site, the buyer agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale.
- All lots in the Buy-or-Bid Sale are offered for sale in USD ($) by Paulus Swaen Inc, 901 North Hercules Avenue, Suite A, Clearwater, Florida 33765, USA, either as owner or as agent for various Consignors.
- This online platform offers a service to the buyer and seller of antique maps, prints and other collectible items to establish multiple agreeable selling prices.
- The items are available for immediate sale for the listed Buy price. The Buy price can be paid anytime, and the sale for this item has closed.
If a user does not wish to pay the Buy price, he may also make a lower offer on any item.
- The "BidAsk spread" are estimated prices in between the items that can sell and should be used only as a guide.
Lots may sell for less than the 'BidAsk spread', but not more than the maximum amount in the BidAsk spread or Buy Price.
- Buy or Bid items will be listed for eight days. On the first day of the sale, users can only add items to their "My Buy-or-Bid" Watch list.
- The following day, starting at 4 PM EAST (Amsterdam 22.00), items can be purchased at the Buy Price at any time and the sale for this item has immediately ended.
A seller can accept a below the BidAsk spread bid during the sale or within 2 hours after the closing. The bidder has the right to cancel his initial below the BidAsk spread bid up to 24 hours after the sale's closing. The item will remain available during the sale for higher bids or until the Buy Price has been paid.
- The seller is not obligated to sell the item below the BidAsk spread.
- Unsold items are no longer available after the end of the sale.
- A buyer pays on the hammer price a commission of 18% on the first $40,000 and 10% on the excess. Florida residents will be charged sales tax at the rate of 6% unless we are provided a copy of a reseller's permit.
OVERSEAS BUYERS & VAT EXPLANATION
- Most of our items will be shipped from Chicago. Overseas bidders shall provide specific shipping and customs instructions and are solely responsible for and agree to pay all local fees including, but not limited to, duty and customs charges and brokerage fees. Paulus Swaen Inc does not collect these fees.
- If you have a verified account and are logged on, each item page shows the bid amount and if you are applicable for a local tax at importation. Read more on overseas shipping [+]
The final invoice is available 24 hours after the auction closes and is also emailed. Payment is due on receipt of the invoice.
The items are shipped as soon as possible after receipt of your payment. We appreciate your prompt payment as this allows us to pay our consignors equally promptly.
- We accept US $, and payment can be made by PayPal, Mastercard/ Visa, check and direct bank wire. Wires in Euro are also accepted.
In your member's area you will find your invoice, including links to the different secure authorization forms.
The buyer or highest bidder of any lot will not become the legal owner of the lot until all associated fees have been paid.
- We charge a one-time, flat fee of $ 30 for packaging, shipping, and insurance for a parcel within the USA and Canada. and items are shipped by UPS-ground. UPS Express ships parcels shipped to Europe at a rate of $ 40, including insurance and packaging. For all other destinations, the shipping, packing, and insurance are $ 50. This amount will be added to the invoice. Shipment of items heavier than 2 kg is at an extra cost.
- We guarantee the authenticity and condition of each lot described in this catalog, and there is no time limitation to this guarantee.
Defects in lots offered for sale have been carefully noted. A full refund is given if a lot is found to be substantially different from its catalog description, reducing its value significantly. The purchaser must notify us within one week of receipt.
Please contact us for a Return Authorization before returning the item.
- Bids are a binding contract. You must contact us immediately if you have placed a bid in error.
- Unsold lots are no longer available after the sale has closed.
- The "time left" counters shown on this site should be used only as a guide. Unfortunately, we do not accept any claim for differences in display time. We cannot be held responsible for server downtime or your inability to access our site. In the event of technical problems, we reserve the right to cancel, restart, or extend a sale.
- Currency Calculator:
The site shows conversion to Euros. This conversion is for guidance only and we cannot be bound by any rate of exchange shown by the currency calculator. Paulus Swaen Inc is not responsible for any error (human or otherwise), omission, or breakdown in providing these services.
- You must open and inspect your package immediately upon receipt. Any discrepancies, damage or missing items must be reported to us within two business days of receipt. All packaging materials must be retained until the discrepancy has been resolved. Failure to notify us within the two-day limit will nullify any claim by you.
- When you register to buy with the intention to buy on an item above an individual value of $ 20.000, we will ask you to provide the following documents to verify your identity:
A copy of:
• your passport or other government-issued photo ID; and
• proof of your residential address (such as a bank statement or utility bill) dated within the last three months
You can email your documents to email@example.com
Dealers and organizations
A copy of formal documents evidencing:
• its registered office and business address;
• its directors and any ultimate beneficial owners; and
• authorization for the individuals allowed to bid on behalf of the company, plus a copy of the government-issued photo ID for each authorized individual.
You can email your corporate documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to cancel the purchase of a lot
- In accordance with the European Consumer Rights Directive a buyer habitually residing in the European Union, has the right to cancel the contract to purchase a lot, without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days from the day after the date on which you or a third party (other than the carrier and indicated by you) acquires physical possession of the lot. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform Paulus Swaen Europe bv, which is offering to sell the lot either as an agent for the seller or as the owner of the lot, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, or e-mail (email@example.com).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Paulus Swaen Inc is committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us. This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it
with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
What information do we collect?
We only collect information that is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
Personal data you share with us
We may ask for personal data when you want to place bids or order from us; this includes when you order from the Website or over the phone, register your Swaen account, or sign up to our mailing list.
The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
Name (including title);
Some of this data does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us in order to improve our services and make them more useful to you.
The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
-The products you viewed or added to your basket;
- Your IP address;
- Cookie or Pixel information
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time through electronic channels such as email about auctions, events, products, services or information that we think may be of interest to you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by selecting the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may, from time to time, disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organizations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf:
Service providers who help us to operate our Website, fulfill your orders and deliver our products to you, including:
Credit reference agencies;
Legal and other professional advisors.
Certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, where required.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access any personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and, in certain circumstances, ask us to erase information we hold about you.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below.
- These terms and conditions are binding upon you and may be amended by us at any time.
You will be notified of any such changes in writing or via email.
These conditions of sale are the complete and only terms and conditions on which all property is offered for sale in the Buy or Bid platform.
Please contact us before bidding if you have further questions.
901 North Hercules Avenue, Suite A
Clearwater, Florida 33765, USA
Tel. +1 (727) 687 3298
email : email@example.com