Septima Asie Tabvla.
Bidder pays on top of the buy price:
The Caspian Sea is shown instead of having its longest diameter in a direction from north to south, it was described as longest from east to west (occupying 20 degrees from east to west) .
One reason for this view was, that the Northern Ocean was still thought to come much nearer to it than it did, and not to leave room in a northerly direction for the dimensions of this sea. Besides this, the lake Aral being imperfectly known, was considered as a part of the Caspian Sea.
The first learned traveler who substituted actual observations was the English merchant Mr. Jenkinson, who travelled in 1558 and 1561, at the expense of the Russian Mercantile Company of London.
The map was published by Johann Schott in Strasburg, and is in very fine contemp. colors.
From 1507 to 1513, Waldseemüller worked with his friend Mathias Ringman (1482-1522) at the new Latin edition of Ptolemy's Geographia, under the patronage of Duke René II of Lorraine.
While Ringmann corrected text of the edition of Ptolemy, Waldseemüller deals with corresponding maps and with the 20 modern maps. This book can be considered as the first modern atlas.
FAQ - Guarantee - Shipping
To buy or bid in this Buy-or-Bid sale you must register with us. It is free, and we automatically update you about future auctions.
During the Buy-or-Bid sale you can buy or bid on 900 - 1500 antique, rare maps, town views, old master prints, decorative prints, atlases, posters and Medieval manuscripts.
- Items will be listed for 7 days. In the first day of the sale, users are only able to add items to their "My Buy or Bid" page".
- Starting at 4.00 PM EST the following day up to the closing you may purchase an item at the Buy price.
- Once the Buy price is paid the sale for this item has closed.
- We show the "Bid & Ask spread" (to define the gap between the minimum accepted bid and Buy price.)
- Items that have received bids within the BidAsk spread are sold at the highest bid at closing.
- For bids entered within the BidAsk spread, we use the proxy-bidding process, so you are getting the item at the lowest possible price.
- You may also bid lower than the BidAsk spread, but the seller is not obliged to accept such a bid.
- A buyer pays, on top of the sale price, a premium of 18 % on the first US$ 30,000 and 10% on the excess.
- Outbid notifications and zoomable images will be disabled 30 minutes before the closing.
- Items are found in the catalog. The item is automatically added to the My Buy-or-Bid Watch List once you pay the Buy price or place a offer.
- An invoice is available in My Invoice center two hours after the closing and is send the next day by email.
Please have a look at more details about the Buy-or-Bid sale.
We provide professional descriptions, condition report and HiBCoR rating (based on 40 years experience in the map business)
We fully guarantee the authenticity of items we sell. We provide a certificate of authenticity for each purchased item.
A flat shipping fee of € $ 30 is added to each shipment within North America, Europe and Asia. This covers : International Priority shipping, Packing and Insurance (up to the invoice amount).
Shipments to South America, Australia, Mauritius is $50
We charge only one shipping fee when you have been successful on multiple items or when you want to combine gallery and auction purchases.
Read More about invoicing and shipping
|High-Resolution Digital Image Download|
Paulus Swaen maintains an archive of most of our high-resolution rare maps, prints, posters and medieval manuscript scans.
We make them freely available for download and study.
Read more about free image download
In accordance with the EU Consumer Rights Directive and habitually reside in the European Union you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of a lot, without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days from the day after the date on which you or a third party (other than the carrier and indicated by you) acquires, physical possession of the lot. To exercise the right to cancel you must inform Paulus Swaen Europe bv, which is offering to sell the lot either as an agent for the seller or as the owner of the lot, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, or e-mail (email@example.com).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.