ALBUM with 170 engravings of animals, landscapes, months, figures, ornamentations, etc. from the 17th century.
$5500 / ≈ €5170
- LANGLOIS (François). A series of 12 plates of cartouches engraved by François Langlois called Chartres. Paris, 1642.
- FIRENS (Pieter). Different series of fish (15 plates of 20), mammals (rhinoceros, camels) and a, crocodiles (19 plates of 20) and birds (11 plates of 12).
- TEMPESTA (Antonio). Septem orbis admiranda (6 plates of the 7 World Wonders).
- HONERVOGT (Jacques). 13 plates of ornamental friezes.
- MERIAN (M.). Alexandri magni præcipuæ res gestæ. 9 plates of 10 (missing N° 2)
- TEMPESTA (Antonio). Heroica Caroli quinti facta. 8 plates.
- TEMPESTA (Antonio). [Hunting scenes]. 15 plates of 16. (Missing plate 10 and 8 plates of hunt horse).
- HONERVOGT (Jacques). The 12 months.
- HONERVOGT (Jacques). 14 plates with hunting scenes.
- HONERVOGT (Jacques). Series of landscapes and town views by Honervogt and Merian 17 plates), 3 featuring Paris (view with Notre-Dame and “Le Pallais et le Louvre à Paris”).
Jacob Honervogt (c.1590-c.1666) was a native of Cologne and son of the Cologne gold merchant Wederil Honervogt and Gertrude Mesnestrede. On June 18th, 1604, he entered the service of Thomas de Leu in Paris: as 'Jacob Vanderfolgen, 21 years old native from Cologne' he is assured food, lodging, labor and 108 livres of wages for two years and a half. (Saur 2012).
On June 24th, 1608, he married Jacqueline PICH0N whose parents were farmers owning property in the village of Grumesnil in Picardie. In the same year, he started working as an engraver in Paris. He became a French national in 1624. After 1654 he worked with Gérard Jollain. Jacques I Honervogt had at least five children: Marie (born September 11th, 1611), whose godmother was Frémin Ricard, the wife of the publisher Jean IV Leclerc.
Jacob Honervogt began as an engraver before becoming a publisher. His output of maps is very small,
FAQ - Guarantee - Shipping
Buying in the Buy-it-Now Gallery
This item is available for immediate purchase when a "Add to Cart" or "Inquire Now" button is shown.
Items are sold in the EU margin scheme and include VAT. Exportation outside of the EU will reduce a 9% VAT from the invoice amount.
Payments are accepted in Euros or US Dollars.
Please have a look for more information about buying in the Buy-It-Now gallery or about bidding at auction.
Many answers are likely to find in the general help section.
Like this item?
Thinking about buying later on?
Or create your virtual collection !
With Wishlist you can collect all Your Favorite maps in one place by simply pressing a button!
Add this item to Wish List
See my WishList here. [ Read More ]
We provide professional descriptions, condition report and HiBCoR rating (based on 40 years experience in the map business)
We fully guarantee the authenticity of items we sell. We provide a certificate of authenticity for each purchased item.
A flat shipping fee of € $ 30 is added to each shipment within Europe and North America. This covers : International Priority shipping, Packing and Insurance (up to the invoice amount).
Shipments to Asia are $ 40 and rest of the world $50
We charge only one shipping fee when you have been successful on multiple items or when you want to combine gallery and auction purchases.
Read More about invoicing and shipping
|High-Resolution Digital Image Download|
Paulus Swaen maintains an archive of most of our high-resolution rare maps, prints, posters and medieval manuscript scans.
We make them freely available for download and study.
Read more about free image download
Click this image for a free HR-image download.
In accordance with the EU Consumer Rights Directive and habitually reside in the European Union you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of a lot, without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days from the day after the date on which you or a third party (other than the carrier and indicated by you) acquires, physical possession of the lot. To exercise the right to cancel you must inform Paulus Swaen Europe bv, which is offering to sell the lot either as an agent for the seller or as the owner of the lot, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, or e-mail (email@example.com).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.