Grand atlas universel ou collection de cartes encyprotypes, générales et détaillées des cinq parties du monde.
$6000 / ≈ €5215
2 World maps
- "Mappe-monde sur la projection de Mercator. Carte encyprotype. 1816. . ." World map in the Mercator projection. (528 x 750 mm.)
- Mappe-monde sur la projection de Mercator. Carte encyprotype. 1816. . . Wall map in 4 sheets that can be joined to form a map of approximately 1.10 x 1.54 m.
4 European maps
- Carte encyprotype de l'Europe. 1816. (553 x 764 mm.)
- Carte encyprotype de l'Europe. 18161816. Wall map in 4 sheets that can be joined to form a map of approximately 1.12 x 1.51 m.
- Carte encyprotype de France contenant toutes les villes du royaume. 1816. (630 x 953 mm. )
- Carte géographique et administrative du royaume de France. 1816. Wall map in 4 sheets that can be joined to form a map of about 1.25 x 1.90 m. Stretches as far as the Adriatic coast with the northern half of Italy.
2 Asia maps
- Carte encyprotype de l'Asie. 1814 ( 550 x 711 mm.) Watercolor contours at the time.
- Carte encyprotype de l'Asie. 1814. 1814. Wall map in 4 sheets that can be joined to form a map of approximately 1.26 x 1.08 m.
2 Africa maps
- Carte encyprotype de l'Afrique. Inset map of Ile de France (Mauritius) and Bourbon Island (La Réunion). 533 x 717 mm. Watercolor contours at the time.
- Carte encyprotype de l'Afrique. 1814. Inset map of Île de France (Mauritius) reduced by Mr. Milbert's travel map, and Bourbon Island Island (La Réunion) reduced by Mr. Bory's map from St. Vincent. Wall map in 4 sheets that can be joined to form a map of about 0.96 x 1.27 m.
4 America maps
- Carte encyprotype de l'Amérique septentrionale. 1815. (552 x 701 mm. )
- Encyprotype map of North America. 1815. Cardboard: Aleutian Islands, Santo Domingo, Guadeloupe and Martinique. Wall map in 4 sheets that can be joined to form a map of about 1.08 x 1.38 m.
- Carte encyprotype de l'Amérique méridionale. 1816. With inset map of the southern part of Latin America. (553 x 665 mm.)
- Carte encyprotype de l'Amérique méridionale. 1816. Inset map of the southern part of Latin America with the Malvinas. Wall map in 4 sheets that can be joined to form a map of approximately 1.08 x 1.30 m.
2 Oceania maps
- Océanie ou cinquième partie du monde comprenant l'archipel d'Asie, l'Australasie, la Polynésie &c. 1814. Australasia, Polynesia and the archipelago of Asia. (535 x 771 mm.)
- Océanie ou cinquième partie du monde comprenant l'archipel d'Asie, l'Australasie et la Polynésie (ou le continent de la Nouvelle-Hollande et les îles du Grand Océan. Including the archipelago of Asia, Australasia and Polynesia and large part of America and the coasts of Asia. Wall map in 4 sheets that can be joined to form a map of about 0.98 x 1.48 m.
The maps are in very good condition. Small tears at the center fold of some general 1-sheet maps. The binding is in poor condition, the spine damaged and incomplete
FAQ - Guarantee - Shipping
Buying in the Buy-it-Now Gallery
This item is available for immediate purchase when a "Add to Cart" or "Inquire Now" button is shown.
Items are sold in the EU margin scheme and include VAT. Exportation outside of the EU will reduce a 9% VAT from the invoice amount.
Payments are accepted in Euros or US Dollars.
Please have a look for more information about buying in the Buy-It-Now gallery or about bidding at auction.
Many answers are likely to find in the general help section.
Like this item?
Thinking about buying later on?
Or create your virtual collection !
With Wishlist you can collect all Your Favorite maps in one place by simply pressing a button!
When you prefer, you will get a free alert when similar items come available.[ Read More ]
We provide professional descriptions, condition report and HiBCoR rating (based on 40 years experience in the map business)
We fully guarantee the authenticity of items we sell. We provide a certificate of authenticity for each purchased item.
A flat shipping fee of € 25 / $ 30 is added to each shipment within Europe and North America. This covers : International Priority shipping, Packing and Insurance (up to the invoice amount).
Shipments to Asia are $ 40 and rest of the world $50
We charge only one shipping fee when you have been successful on multiple items or when you want to combine gallery and auction purchases.
[ Read More ]
High-Resolution Digital Image Download
Paulus Swaen maintains an archive of most of our high-resolution rare maps, prints, posters and medieval manuscript scans. We make them freely available for download and study. Read more
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL THE PURCHASE OF A LOT
In accordance with the EU Consumer Rights Directive and habitually reside in the European Union you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of a lot, without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days from the day after the date on which you or a third party (other than the carrier and indicated by you) acquires, physical possession of the lot. To exercise the right to cancel you must inform Paulus Swaen Europe bv, which is offering to sell the lot either as an agent for the seller or as the owner of the lot, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, or e-mail (email@example.com).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.