Buy or Bid terms and conditions
Ga naar de Nederlandse versie van deze pagina
- These conditions of sale are the complete and only terms and conditions on which all property is offered in the Buy or Bid platform. By using this site, the buyer agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale.
- All lots in the Buy-or-Bid Sale are offered for sale in USD ($) by Paulus Swaen Inc, 901 North Hercules Avenue, Suite A, Clearwater, Florida 33765, USA, either as owner or as agent for various Consignors.
- This online platform offers a service to the buyer and seller of antique maps, prints and other collectible items to establish multiple agreeable selling prices.
- The items are available for immediate sale for the listed Buy price. The Buy price can be paid anytime, and the sale for this item has closed.
If a user does not wish to pay the Buy price, he may also make a lower offer on any item.
- The "BidAsk spread" are estimated prices in between the items that can sell and should be used only as a guide.
Lots may sell for less than the 'BidAsk spread', but not more than the maximum amount in the BidAsk spread or Buy Price.
- Buy or Bid items will be listed for eight days. On the first day of the sale, users can only add items to their "My Buy-or-Bid" Watch list.
- The following day, starting at 4 PM EAST (Amsterdam 22.00), items can be purchased at the Buy Price at any time and the sale for this item has immediately ended.
A seller can accept a below the BidAsk spread bid during the sale or within 2 hours after the closing. The bidder has the right to cancel his initial below the BidAsk spread bid up to 24 hours after the sale's closing. The item will remain available during the sale for higher bids or until the Buy Price has been paid.
- The seller is not obligated to sell the item below the BidAsk spread.
- Unsold items are no longer available after the end of the sale.
- A buyer pays on the hammer price a commission of 18% on the first $40,000 and 10% on the excess.
Florida residents will be charged 7% sales tax on the hammer price, commission and shipping, unless we are provided a copy of a Florida reseller's permit.
OVERSEAS BUYERS & VAT EXPLANATION
- Our items will be shipped from USA and within Europe. Overseas bidders shall provide specific shipping and customs instructions and are solely responsible for and agree to pay all local fees including, but not limited to, duty and customs charges and brokerage fees. Paulus Swaen Inc does not collect these fees.
- If you have a verified account and are logged on, each item page shows the bid amount and if you are applicable for a local tax at importation. Read more on overseas shipping [+]
The final invoice is available 24 hours after the auction closes and is also emailed. Payment is due on receipt of the invoice.
The items are shipped as soon as possible after receipt of your payment. We appreciate your prompt payment as this allows us to pay our consignors equally promptly.
- We accept US $, and payment can be made by PayPal, Mastercard/ Visa, check and direct bank wire. Wires in Euro are also accepted.
In your member's area you will find your invoice, including links to the different secure authorization forms.
The buyer or highest bidder of any lot will not become the legal owner of the lot until all associated fees have been paid.
- We charge a one-time, flat fee of $ 25 for packaging, shipping, and insurance for a parcel within the USA, Canada and Europe. Items are shipped by UPS-ground. For Asia and Australia and for all other destinations, the shipping, packing, and insurance are $ 50. This amount will be added to the invoice. Shipment of items heavier than 2 kg is at an extra cost.
- We guarantee the authenticity and condition of each lot described in this catalog, and there is no time limitation to this guarantee.
Defects in lots offered for sale have been carefully noted. A full refund is given if a lot is found to be substantially different from its catalog description, reducing its value significantly. The purchaser must notify us within one week of receipt.
Please contact us for a Return Authorization before returning the item.
- Bids are a binding contract. You must contact us immediately if you have placed a bid in error.
- Unsold lots are no longer available after the sale has closed.
- The "time left" counters shown on this site should be used only as a guide. Unfortunately, we do not accept any claim for differences in display time. We cannot be held responsible for server downtime or your inability to access our site. In the event of technical problems, we reserve the right to cancel, restart, or extend a sale.
- Currency Calculator:
The site shows conversion to Euros. This conversion is for guidance only and we cannot be bound by any rate of exchange shown by the currency calculator. Paulus Swaen Inc is not responsible for any error (human or otherwise), omission, or breakdown in providing these services.
- You must open and inspect your package immediately upon receipt. Any discrepancies, damage or missing items must be reported to us within two business days of receipt. All packaging materials must be retained until the discrepancy has been resolved. Failure to notify us within the two-day limit will nullify any claim by you.
- When you register to buy with the intention to buy or bid on an item above an individual value of $ 20.000, we will ask you to provide the following documents to verify your identity:
A copy of:
• your passport or other government-issued photo ID; and
• proof of your residential address (such as a bank statement or utility bill) dated within the last three months
You can email your documents to email@example.com
Dealers and organizations
A copy of formal documents evidencing:
• its registered office and business address;
• its directors and any ultimate beneficial owners; and
• authorization for the individuals allowed to bid on behalf of the company, plus a copy of the government-issued photo ID for each authorized individual.
You can email your corporate documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to cancel the purchase of a lot
- In accordance with the European Consumer Rights Directive a buyer habitually residing in the European Union, has the right to cancel the contract to purchase a lot, without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days from the day after the date on which you or a third party (other than the carrier and indicated by you) acquires physical possession of the lot. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform Paulus Swaen Europe bv, which is offering to sell the lot either as an agent for the seller or as the owner of the lot, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, or e-mail (email@example.com).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Please follow this link:
- These terms and conditions are binding upon you and may be amended by us at any time.
You will be notified of any such changes in writing or via email.
These conditions of sale are the complete and only terms and conditions on which all property is offered for sale in the Buy or Bid platform.
Please contact us before bidding if you have further questions.
901 North Hercules Avenue, Suite A
Clearwater, Florida 33765, USA
Tel. +1 (727) 687 3298
email : firstname.lastname@example.org