In our BUY or BID sale, you never pay more than the Buy price, and you can place bids at any price you think is right and fair.
The next monthly 'Buy or Bid' sale is September 13-20, 2022. [Our agenda for 2022)
- Items will be listed for 8 days in the Buy or Bid Catalog
- In the first 24 hours of the sale, users are only able to add items to their My Buy or Bid Watch List.
- The next day at 4 PM USA Eastern (Amsterdam 22.00) you may purchase an item at the Buy price at any time and the sale for this item has closed.
- If you do not wish to pay the Buy price you may also bid lower on any item.
- The "BidAsk Spread" is used to define the gap between the minimum acceptable Bid and the Buy (ask) price of the items. A format successfully used on the stock exchange. [Learn more]
- Items that have received bids within the BidAsk Spread are sold at the highest bid after the closing of the sale.
- Within two hours after the closing of the sale, the sellers will review their items and decide whether to accept bids made below the BidAsk Spread.
When the seller accepts a bid below the bid spread the item will be made available for a period of 24 hours for definitive purchase to the person who made that offer.
- An 18% commission (21,8% for EU customers) will be added to the invoice, plus the shipping fee.
- Items that did not receive bids within the BidAsk Spread and offers that were declined by the seller are no longer available after the sale has closed.
My buy-or-bid Watch List
You can monitor the buying and bidding status in one convenient place: My buy-or-bid Watch List.
Labels are used to show the Buy or Bid status :
- When you pay the BuyNow price the item is sold immediately to you and the sale for this item is closed. Sold to you
- The BidAsk Spread ($400-$500) shows the range between the minimal accepted price and the Buy price.
When you place a bid within the spread your bid is automatically accepted by the seller, but the items only sell to you if no higher bid is received prior to the closing. Accepted
- When your bid is below the BidAsk Spread.
Sellers usually do not accept bids lower than 50% of the Buy price. Increase your bid to be successful. Too Low
We warranty the authenticity of each lot offered in our catalog. There is no time limitation to this guarantee.
- All items are carefully and personally examined before being packed "in-house" and shipped by DHL or registered mail.
- We do not sell reproductions.
- Defects in lots have been carefully noted.
- If no remarks are found regarding, splits, tears, discoloration, etc; this means there are none to be found for the item!.
- Color is by hand, and we specify if the item is in "original colors" or "colored"
- A certificate of authenticity is provided for each acquired item and can be downloaded from your invoice page.
- Go to invoice and certificate center
After the closing
Please check within 2 to 24 hours after closing the status of your bids and offers in My Buy-or-Bid Watch List
- Maximum two hours following the closing of the sale a seller has the option to accept bids below the BidAsk Spread.
- When the seller accepts such a bid, the item will be made available for purchase and the buyer has 24 hours to confirm a purchase.
- Items with accepted bids below the BidAsk Spread are shown in My Buy-or-Bid Watch List with a label:
- Make your selection within 24 hours after the closing by clicking on each item you want to buy at your bid.
- When ready go to the invoice & certificate section to download/print certificates and pay the invoice.
What happens with the unsold items?
Items of which offers are declined by the seller are no longer available after the sale has closed.
Maps are usually shipped flat between solid card boards or in solid tubes. For parcels of more than 2kg, an additional fee applies. You are billed at the prevailing postal rate.
If you have your own account with FedEx, DHL or UPS we can send using your account, and no shipping fee is added to your bill.
In the Client Center, you can update your shipping preferences.
I hope you will enjoy our new sales format. Please feel free to contact us if you have suggestions, concerns, or questions.
Pierre W.A. Joppen
Paulus Swaen Europe b.v.
Pieter Lastmankade 2, 1075 KJ Amsterdam
Tel.: +31 (0)20 2255198
Pierre Joppen, mobile +31 (0)6 27839704
Roland Boelen, mobile +31 (0)6 51384297
email : firstname.lastname@example.org contact us
Paulus Swaen Old Maps
901 North Hercules Avenue, Suite A
Clearwater, Florida 33765
email : email@example.com
Tel. + 1 (727) 498 4733
Do you have quality antique maps, old master prints, posters in your collection?
Not sure who to sell to and where to go to get the best price?
Among our visitors are collectors, museums, and dealers around the world who are constantly looking for fine-quality merchandise.
Whether you have a single valuable piece or a major collection, please contact us to discuss your material.
We can assist you with your inquiries in English, French, German and Dutch.