In our BUY or BID sale, you never pay more than the Buy price, and you can place bids at a price you think is right and fair.
The next monthly 'Buy or Bid' sale is September 13-20, 2022. [Our agenda for 2022)
- Items will be listed for 8 days in the Buy or Bid Catalog
- In the first 24 hours of the sale, users are only able to add items to their My Buy or Bid Watch List.
- The next day at 4 PM USA Eastern (Amsterdam 22.00), you may purchase an item at the Buy price at any time and the sale for this item has closed.
- If you do not wish to pay the Buy price, you may also bid lower on any item.
- The "BidAsk Spread" is used to define the gap between the minimum acceptable Bid and the Buy (ask) price of the items. A format successfully used on the stock exchange. [Learn more]
- Items that have received bids within the BidAsk Spread are sold at the highest bid after the closing of the sale.
- Within two hours after the closing of the sale, the sellers will review their items and decide whether to accept bids made below the BidAsk Spread.
When the seller accepts a bid below the bid spread, the item will be made available for a period of 24 hours for definitive purchase to the person who made that offer.
- An 18% commission (21,8% for EU customers) will be added to the invoice, plus the shipping fee.
- Items that did not receive bids within the BidAsk Spread and offers that were declined by the seller are no longer available after the sale has closed.
What is proxy bidding
For bids entered within the BidAsk spread, we use the proxy-bidding process. Our system will act as your bidding agent by entering your bid competitively against other bidders.
- You don’t have to worry about sitting at your computer to track the bidding process until the closing.
- You can bid the maximum price you would be willing to pay for an item.
- If there are no other bidders on a lot, the winning bid is always reduced to the lowest amount shown in the BidAsk spread.
- If there comes another bid, the software will place a new bid following the bid increment every time someone else places a higher bid than you and will continue to do that until the sale ends and you win, or the price goes over your set maximum.
-Proxy bidding takes the stress out of the bidding process; your maximum bid is always confidential, and you are getting the item at the lowest possible price
My buy-or-bid Watch List
You can monitor the buying and bidding status in one convenient place: My buy-or-bid Watch List.
Labels are used to show the Buy or Bid status :
These are samples for an item listed at a Buy price of $ 500 and a BidAsk Spread of $400-500
Your Bid: $500 Sold to you
When you pay the Buy price of $ 500, the item is immediately sold to you, and the sale for this item is closed.
- Your Bid: $400 Accepted
The BidAsk spread ($400-$500) shows the range between the minimal accepted price and the Buy price. When you place a bid within the spread, your bid is automatically accepted by the seller, but the items only sell to you if no higher bid is received or the Buy price is paid prior to the closing.
- Your Bid: $350 High BidBelow Spread
When your bid is below the BidAsk Spread, and you are the high bid holder, the items only sell to you if the seller decides to accept your offer within 2 hours after the closing.
- Your Bid: $50 Below Spread
When your bid is below the BidAsk spread, sellers usually do not accept bids below the BidAsk Spread. Increase your bid to be successful.
- Your Bid: $450 Outbid
When your bid has been outbid by another user, increase your bid to be successful.
In short, your label has to stay green to be successful.
We warranty the authenticity of each lot offered in our catalog. There is no time limitation to this guarantee.
- All items are carefully and personally examined before being packed "in-house" and shipped by DHL or registered mail.
- We do not sell reproductions.
- Defects in lots have been carefully noted.
- If no remarks are found regarding splits, tears, discoloration, etc, this means there are none to be found for the item!.
- Color is by hand, and we specify if the item is in "original colors" or "colored"
- A certificate of authenticity is provided for each acquired lot and can be downloaded from your invoice page.
- Go to invoice and certificate center
After the closing
- The invoice is available 2 hours after the closing of the sale.
- In case you have placed bids below the BidAsk spread, you have to check within 2 to 24 hours after closing the status of your bids in My Buy-or-Bid Watch List
- Maximum two hours following the closing of the sale, a seller has the option to accept bids below the BidAsk Spread.
- When the seller accepts such a bid, the item will be made available for purchase, and the buyer has 24 hours to confirm a purchase.
- Items with accepted bids below the BidAsk Spread are shown in My Buy-or-Bid Watch List with a label:
- Make your selection within 24 hours after the closing by clicking on each item you want to buy at your bid.
- When ready, go to the invoice & certificate section to download/print certificates and pay the invoice.
What happens with the unsold items?
Items of which offers are declined by the seller are no longer available after the sale has closed.
Maps are usually shipped flat between solid cardboard or in solid tubes. For parcels of more than 2kg, an additional fee applies. You are billed at the prevailing postal rate.
If you have your own account with FedEx, DHL or UPS we can send using your account, and no shipping fee is added to your bill.
In the Client Center, you can update your shipping preferences.
I hope you will enjoy our new sales format. Please feel free to contact us if you have suggestions, concerns, or questions.
Pierre W.A. Joppen
Paulus Swaen Europe b.v.
Pieter Lastmankade 2, 1075 KJ Amsterdam
Tel.: +31 (0)20 2255198
Pierre Joppen, mobile +31 (0)6 27839704
Roland Boelen, mobile +31 (0)6 51384297
email : firstname.lastname@example.org contact us
Paulus Swaen Old Maps
901 North Hercules Avenue, Suite A
Clearwater, Florida 33765
email : email@example.com
Tel. + 1 (727) 498 4733