Ga naar de Nederlandse versie van deze pagina
In our BUY or BID sale, you never pay more than the Buy price, and you can place bids at any price you think is right and fair.
Starting June 21-28 we will organize monthly 'Buy or Bid' sales.
- Items will be listed for 8 days in the Buy or Bid Catalog
- In the first 24 hours of the sale, users are only able to add items to their 'My Buy or Bid' Watch List.
- The next day at 4 PM EDT (Amsterdam 22.00) you may purchase an item at the Buy price at any time and the sale for this item has closed.
- If you do not wish to pay the Buy price you may also bid lower on any item.
- The "Bid Ask spread" is used to define the gap between the minimum acceptable Bid and the Buy (ask) price of the items. A format successfully used on the stock exchange. [Read more]
- Items that have received bids within the BidAsk Spread are sold at the highest bid after the close of the sale.
- Within two hours after the close of the sale, the sellers will review their items and decide whether to accept bids made below the BidAsk Spread. When the seller accepts a bid below the bid spread the item will be made available for a period of 24 hours for definitive purchase to the person who made that offer.
- An 18% commission (21,8% for EU customers) will be added to the invoice, plus the shipping fee.
- Items that did not receive bids within the BidAsk spread and offers were declined by the seller are no longer available after the sale has closed.
My buy-or-bid Watch List
You can monitor the buying and bidding status in one convenient place: My buy-or-bid Watch List.
Labels are used to show your buy or bid status :
Sample for an item listed at a Buy price of $ 500 and a BidAsk spread of $400-500
Your Bid: $500 Sold to you
When you pay the Buy price of $ 500 the item is sold immediately to you and the sale for this item is closed.
- Your Bid: $400 Accepted
The BidAsk spread ($400-$500) shows the range between the minimal accepted price and the Buy price. When you place a bid within the spread your bid is automatically accepted by the seller, but the items only sell to you if no higher bid is received prior to the closing.
- Your Bid: $7 High Bid
When you bid lower than the BidAsk spread and you are the high bid holder. Sellers usually do not accept bids lower than 50% of the Buy price.Seller can accept bids under the low BidAsk spread amount.
- Your Bid: $450 Outbid
When your bid has been outbid by another user.
We warranty the authenticity of each lot offered in our catalog. There is no time limitation to this guarantee.
- All items are carefully and personally examined before being packed "in-house" and shipped by DHL or registered mail.
- We do not sell reproductions.
- Defects in lots have been carefully noted.
- If no remarks are found regarding, splits, tears, discoloration, etc; this means there are none to be found for the item!.
- Color is by hand, and we specify if the item is in "original colors" or "colored"
- A certificate of authenticity is provided for each acquired item and can be downloaded from your invoice page.
The buyers' terms and conditions are here.
Please feel free to contact me if you have suggestions, concerns, or questions.
Paulus Swaen Europe b.v.
Pieter Lastmankade 2, 1075 KJ Amsterdam
Tel.: +31 (0)20 2255198
Pierre Joppen, mobile +31 (0)6 27839704
Roland Boelen, mobile +31 (0)6 51384297
email : email@example.com contact us
Paulus Swaen Old Maps
901 North Hercules Avenue, Suite A
Clearwater, Florida 33765
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. + 1 (727) 498 4733
Do you have quality antique maps, old master prints, posters in your collection?
Not sure who to sell to and where to go to get the best price?
Among our visitors are collectors, museums, and dealers around the world who are constantly looking for fine-quality merchandise.
Whether you have a single valuable piece or a major collection, please contact us to discuss your material.
We can assist you with your inquiries in English, French, German and Dutch.
The "Bid Ask spread" is used to define the gap between the (minimum accepted) bid and the ask (Buy) prices of the items. A format successfully used on the stock exchange.
In the consignor center, you can find links to add items to the Buy or Bid sale, see your sales records, get additional information on how to photograph your maps and prints, and much more.