Ga naar de Nederlandse versie van deze pagina
In our BUY or BID sale, you never pay more than the Buy price.
The monthly 'Buy or Bid' sale is October 11-19, 2022. [The agenda for 2022-2023)
- Items will be listed for 8 days in the Buy or Bid Catalog.
- In the first 24 hours of the sale, users are only able to add items to their My Buy or Bid Watch List.
- The next day you may purchase an item at the Buy price at any time and the sale for this item has closed.
- If you do not wish to pay the Buy price you may also bid lower on any item.
- The "BidAsk Spread" is used to define the gap between the minimum acceptable Bid and the Ask buy) price of the items. A format successfully used on the stock exchange. [Learn more]
- Items that have received bids within the BidAsk Spread are sold at the highest bid after the closing of the sale.
- We use proxy-bidding, so you never pay more than the minimum necessary to remain a high bidder. [Learn more]
- For items that have received bids below the BidAsk Spread, our sellers have two hours after the closing on whether to accept such bids. Generally such bids are not accepted and the item remain unsold. Unsold items are no longer available afte the closing.
- An 18% commission (21,8% for EU customers) will be added to the invoice, plus the shipping fee.
For bids entered within the BidAsk spread, we use the proxy-bidding process. Our system will act as your bidding agent by entering your bid competitively against other bidders.
- You don’t have to worry about sitting at your computer to track the bidding process until the closing.
- You can bid the maximum price you would be willing to pay for an item.
- If no other bidders are on a lot, the winning bid is always reduced to the lowest amount shown in the BidAsk spread.
- If there comes another bid, the software will place a new bid following the bid increment every time someone else places a higher bid than you and will continue to do that until the sale ends and you win or the price goes over your set maximum.
- Proxy bidding takes the stress out of the bidding process; your maximum bid is always confidential, and you are getting the item at the lowest possible price.
My buy-or-bid Watch List
You can monitor the buying and bidding status in one convenient place: My buy-or-bid Watch List.
Labels are used to show the Buy or Bid status :
These are samples for an item listed at a Buy price of $ 500 and a BidAsk Spread of $400-500
Your Bid: $500 Sold to you
When you pay the Buy price of $ 500, the item is immediately sold to you, and the sale for this item is closed.
- Your Bid: $400 Accepted
The BidAsk spread ($400-$500) shows the range between the minimal accepted price and the Buy price. When you place a bid within the spread, your bid is automatically accepted by the seller, but the items only sell to you if no higher bid is received or the Buy price is paid prior to the closing.
- Your Bid: $350 High BidBelow Spread
When your bid is below the BidAsk Spread, and you are the high bid holder, the items only sell to you if the seller decides to accept your offer within 2 hours after the closing.
- Your Bid: $50 Below Spread
When your bid is below the BidAsk spread, sellers usually do not accept bids below the BidAsk Spread. Increase your bid to be successful.
- Your Bid: $450 Outbid
When your bid has been outbid by another user, increase your bid to be successful.
After the closing
- The invoice is online 2 hours after the closing and emailed the next day.
- In the My Bid-or-Buy Watch List, you can see all winning and losing bids. If you have placed bids below the BidAsk spread, our sellers have two hours on whether to accept such bids. The buyer has 24 hours to confirm and add these items to his invoice.
We warranty the authenticity of each lot offered in our catalog. There is no time limitation to this guarantee.
- All items are carefully and personally examined before being packed "in-house" and shipped by DHL or registered mail.
- We do not sell reproductions.
- Defects in lots have been carefully noted.
- If no remarks are found regarding splits, tears, discoloration, etc., this means there are none to be found for the item!.
- Color is by hand, and we specify if the item is in "original colors" or "colored"
- A certificate of authenticity is provided for each acquired item and can be downloaded from your invoice page.
- Go to invoice and certificate center
The buyers' terms and conditions are here. (Nederlandse versie)
See our FAQ and Answers section for further explanation. A seller's FAQ section is here.I hope you will enjoy our new sales format. Please feel free to contact us if you have suggestions, concerns, or questions.
Pierre W.A. Joppen
Paulus Swaen Europe b.v.
Buy or Bid
Pieter Lastmankade 2, 1075 KJ Amsterdam
Tel.: +31 (0)20 2255198
Pierre Joppen, mobile +31 (0)6 27839704
Roland Boelen, mobile +31 (0)6 51384297
email : europe @ swaen.com contact us
Paulus Swaen Old Maps
Online Buy-it-now catalog
901 North Hercules Avenue, Suite A
Clearwater, Florida 33765
email : paulus @ swaen.com
Tel. + 1 (727) 498 4733
With Paulus Swaen Proxy-bidding the winning bid is always reduced to one increment above the highest competing bid.
The "BidAsk Spread" is used to define the gap between the (minimum accepted) Bid and the Ask (buy) prices of the items. A format successfully used on the stock exchange.
In the consignor center, you can find links to add items to the Buy or Bid sale, see your sales records, get additional information on how to photograph your maps and prints, and much more.
Do you need some help navigating our website? The most commonly asked questions and answers are to be found here. Please select a topic from the drop down menu.